Many celebrities around the world use skin creams to help lighten their complexion. These skin bleaching products can also be used as a form of treatment for hyper-pigmentation or melasma, and is often recommended by serious dermatologists.
Why Do Superstars Like Rihanna and Beyonce Whitened Their Skin?
Celebrities, just like many average everyday people, lighten their skin tone in an attempt to acquire a more even complexion. Skin lightening can also help to cover up blemishes or pigmentation such as melasma that are hard to treat otherwise. In general, however, certain celebrities choose to lighten their skin just as a preference for how they want their skin to look. Two celebrities who have been known to use skin-lightening treatments are Rihanna and Beyonce.
Aside from these two mega stars, there have been a number of other celebrities who have also whitened their skin. Some of the most popular celebrities who have also whitened their skin include superstars such as: Nicki Minaj, Lil’ Kim, and Sammy Sosa. Skin bleaching is also extremely popular in countries such as Korea, China, and Japan.
Some tips in choosing the best skin lightening products.
The best skin lightening products differ for each person depending on the type of skin the person has. Figuring out whether your skin is oily, dry, or somewhere in the middle can help substantially when it comes to finding the right product for your needs. Therefore, when choosing the right product for your needs, ensure the product and its ingredients will be compatible with your skin type; an incorrect choice could exacerbate the problem and may not even result in skin whitening.
Skin whitening products that are less strenuous on the skin involve those made from all natural ingredients. When looking for the right product, look for the following ingredients:
1. Kojic Acid: is an all natural compound that has been proven to lighten up overall complexion and is especially helpful in covering up blotches or patches of distinct pigmentation. Kojic acid also acts as a natural antioxidant that helps treat sun damage.
2. Vitamin B3: not only does it help to reduce melanin production, but also acts as a moisturizer to help rejuvenate and make skin softer.
3. Bilberry Extract: has anti-inflammatory properties and acts as an antioxidant that helps reduce sun damage and even out skin tone and complexion
4. Barberry Extract: gives skin a dose of protection against harmful sunrays, helping to slow obvious signs of aging while keeping skin glowing.
Needless to say, products with all natural ingredients will be less toxic on the skin and ensure that natural oils or dryness is not intensified.
On top of ensuring that the ingredients are harmless and will actually do what the product is advertising, also make sure that the product has been tested and approved by the FDA. Products unapproved by the FDA can be harmful and is best to stay away from.
When using these products, however, use them for at least four weeks straight, as discontinuing usage half way through will probably not lead to any substantial results. Before choosing a skin lightening product, also consult your dermatologist to figure out what type of ingredients work best with your skin type. Always remove makeup, apply moisturizer, and use appropriate sun block protection to help bolster the effects of skin whitening products being used.
So, what do Rihanna and Beyonce use to bleach their skin?
According to a leading U.S. women magazine, the popular singers have been using SkinBright to help make their complexion lighter, glowing, and young-looking.
Natural Home Remedies for Skin Lightening
For those on a budget, there are multitudes of home remedies that can help whiten one’s skin as well. The following are a few common home remedies:
1. Lemon juice is high in antioxidants and acts as a natural bleaching agent. Mixing this with some honey, and using a cotton ball to apply to face can help bring a glow while reducing natural pigmentation. When deciding to use lemon juice, make sure to limit yourself to doing this only two or three times per week, as excessive use can just dry out the skin. Also, use moisturizer once you wash off the lemon juice from your face.
2. Applying yogurt by itself onto one’s face and leaving it on for about twenty minutes a day can help bleach skin. Making a yogurt and honey mask can also be very effective, as the honey acts as a moisturizer. Allow the mask to sit for about 15 minutes and then clear away with warm water; doing this for four weeks can show signs of skin improvement.
3. Gram flour with rose water is a potent skin lightener that also helps to target blackheads. Apply a paste of this mix at least three times a week can also help alleviate oily skin
Many individuals, both the everyday person and the famous celebrity, lighten their skin to get a more even complexion or to simply help them feel their very best. There are a multitude of skin lightening products, but always try to pick those that work best with your skin and are safe to use. These skin lighteners can also be used as a form of treatment for hyper-pigmentation or melasma, and is often recommended by serious dermatologists. However, also keep up with normal skin maintenance such as washing your face daily, applying sunscreen when needed, and utilizing moisturizer to give skin a nice, soft feel.