If you’re suffering from rosacea, getting a good sunscreen is the best way to make your face look vibrant and beautiful again.
What is Rosacea and How to Choose a High-Quality Sunscreen for This Skin Condition
Rosacea involves the cheeks and nose having a rose colored or flushed appearance due to the enlargement of blood vessels. Needless to say, rosacea can be quite distracting and may even bring down your confidence if not dealt with soon, and is primarily induced by exposure to sun rays. Therefore, using a proper sunscreen specific for rosacea can severely reduce the symptoms and bring back life to your facial skin. When choosing the best facial sunscreen for rosacea, keep the following in mind:
1. Has antioxidants: antioxidants can help rid of any toxins in your skin and really bring softness and shine to your face that may have been damaged due to the rosacea.
2. Proper sun protection: being exposed to the sun for a long period of time can cause wrinkles, dehydration, hyperpigmentation, and even cancer. Dermatologists recommend that effective sunscreens have at least an SPF 15 protection to combat these skin conditions.
3. Made from natural ingredients: synthetic ingredients have a higher chance of causing allergic reactions or harming the skin in general. Therefore, it is better to choose a product that has all natural ingredients
4. Has zinc oxide or titanium oxide: these physical sunblocks are much more recommended for use than using chemical sunblocks. Zinc oxide and titanium oxide also are less likely to cause allergic reactions.
Best Three Facial Sunscreens for Rosacea
There are many products specific for rosacea that can effectively block harmful rays while rejuvenating the skin. However, these three sunblocks seem to be better than the rest:
3) Number three on this list is Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer with sunscreen. What’s so great about this moisturizer is that it has an SPF 50 that is sure to keep your skin protected. The moisturizer is also proven to hydrate skin for up to 8 hours. Unlike most sunscreens, this product also does not leave behind any residue.
2) The next is Rosaclear System Skin Balancing Sun Protection by Obagi which has an SPF 30. This product is chemical-free, and includes both zinc oxide and titanium oxide to protect your skin from both UVA and UVB rays.
1) The best sunscreen is Elta MD UV shield with SPF 45. What’s great about this product is that it has a non greasy formula that keeps skin looking and feeling great. It also has a higher percentage of zinc oxide to protect against both UVA and UVB rays. This product can also be used over or under makeup, giving much more flexibility in your routine.
Finding the right sunscreen can really help prevent visible signs of aging and pigmentation, and can also bring back vibrancy and life to your skin. If you’re suffering from rosacea, applying a heavy duty, all-natural sunscreen can quickly lessen or even make the symptoms disappear.