Psoriasis can lead to very uneven looking skin. That’s why using up an all-natural body scrub is one of the best ways to treat this condition.
What is Psoriasis?
Psoriasis is a skin condition that involves the buildup of skin cells, forming itchy and dry patches. When this occurs, exfoliating by using a powerful body scrub can do the trick in alleviating the symptoms and helping to bring back a healthy look to your skin. Therefore, it is quite important for you to choose the right type of body scrub. The following is a list of things you should look for when searching for the right product for your needs.
Things to Look For in a Good Body Scrub
• Look for a moisturizing component: psoriasis is exacerbated by dry skin. Therefore, it is best to get a body scrub that is safe for dry skin and moisturizes it properly, helping to make the skin feel comfortable and possibly even healing it.
• Natural Ingredients: body scrubs with natural ingredients such as coconut oil, lavender, and many others as they are great for the skin, especially dry and itchy skin. Non-natural ingredients however could harm the skin further, so it is advised to avoid synthetic ingredients.
• Include Dead Sea Salt: this is an extremely potent ingredient for exfoliation that can greatly decrease the itchy sensation that is so common in cases of psoriasis. The dead sea salt can also get rid of dead skin buildup, helping to leave your skin smooth and soft.
Best Three Body Scrubs for Psoriasis
Needless to say, there are many all natural body scrubs on the market, but the following three are far superior and have been shown to give the best results.
3. The third best is SABON Body Scrub, which has dead sea salt for deep skin penetration and buildup clearing, giving a revitalized and smooth feeling to your skin. The body scrub also comes with almond oil and jojoba oil, two natural ingredients perfect for moisturizing and helping to curb dry, itchy skin.
2. The second is Essentially KateS All Natural Coconut Milk Body Scrub, which has coconut milk and vitamin fortification for gentle exfoliation, while giving your skin a nice, healthy shine. The body scrub also comes with anti-bacterial properties, helping to curb inflammations.
1. The best out of the three is someONE Coffee Scrub which primarily focuses on clearing away stretch marks while boosting your skin with plentiful antioxidants to keep those stretch marks away, along with protecting your skin from inflammation and sun damage. The product also has dead sea salt included, making it a great exfoliator while ensuring your skin is looking healthy and feeling smooth.
Psoriasis can be a burden to have and there is no complete way of treating it other than attempting to maintain healthy skin and using powerful body scrubs to remove excess of dead skin cells. However, there are many great products on the market such as the ones listed that have shown to be quite effective in alleviating symptoms and keeping them away for a long time, so you can feel and look your very best.